This program is a 9 month comprehensive herbal studies program which includes over 350 hours of classroom time.
The herbal studies program takes place on Tuesdays and Thursdays, as well as one intensive weekend a month. We are offering two separate programs to accommodate all. The day program will run from 11:00-2:30pm. The evening program will run from 5:30-8:45pm.
The program begins March 12th, 2022, and will conclude the end of December 2022.
Equinox Center of Herbal Studies 2022 Program Outline:
- 50+ hours of Materia Medica:
- Detailed plant monographs for 60+ individual plants
- 14+ hours of Nutrition:
- Includes an overviews of vitamins, minerals and supplements
- Dietary health
- Lifestyle and Habits
- 28+ hours of Anatomy and Physiology:
- An herb-centric and holistic view of the human body and its mechanisms.
- 28+ hours of Botany:
- A focus on plant identification with an added exploration of other aspects of botany.
- The botany portion will focus on medicinal and edible plant families, as well as introducing proper identification techniques.
- We will examine how plant cells work to achieve a science based understanding of medicinal plant properties.
- Medicine making classes:
- You will learn to make everything from herbal teas to creams and lotions!
- A series of classes to geared towards heightening our spiritual selves and strengthening our intuition:
- These classes are designed for the beginner to the advanced and are included to help you connect deeper with the natural world.
- A variety of special topics:
- These classes will be ranging from (but not limited to) fertility to caring for cancer.
- Special topics will cover many aspects of special circumstances that are commonly found in our own lives, and those of our loved ones.
- The program will also include:
- Herb walks in a variety of locations
- Field trips to farms and greenhouses
- Guest lecturers …and much more!
The full cost of the program is $3,200 with payment plans available.
Expect additional costs for books and supplies for personal projects. All in class supplies are covered by tuition.