This program is a 9 month comprehensive herbal studies program which includes over 350 hours of classroom time.
The herbal studies program takes place on Tuesdays and Thursdays, as well as one intensive weekend a month. We are offering two separate programs to accommodate all. The day program will run from 11:00-2:30pm. The evening program will run from 5:30-8:45pm.
The program begins March 12th, 2022, and will conclude the end of December 2022.
We will be applications for the 2023 program on November 1st.
The 2023 class begins on Saturday, March 11th.
Equinox Center of Herbal Studies 2022 Program Outline:
- 50+ hours of Materia Medica:
- Detailed plant monographs for 60+ individual plants
- 14+ hours of Nutrition:
- Includes an overviews of vitamins, minerals and supplements
- Dietary health
- Lifestyle and Habits
- 28+ hours of Anatomy and Physiology:
- An herb-centric and holistic view of the human body and its mechanisms.
- 28+ hours of Botany:
- A focus on plant identification with an added exploration of other aspects of botany.
- The botany portion will focus on medicinal and edible plant families, as well as introducing proper identification techniques.
- We will examine how plant cells work to achieve a science based understanding of medicinal plant properties.
- Medicine making classes:
- You will learn to make everything from herbal teas to creams and lotions!
- A series of classes to geared towards heightening our spiritual selves and strengthening our intuition:
- These classes are designed for the beginner to the advanced and are included to help you connect deeper with the natural world.
- A variety of special topics:
- These classes will be ranging from (but not limited to) fertility to caring for cancer.
- Special topics will cover many aspects of special circumstances that are commonly found in our own lives, and those of our loved ones.
- The program will also include:
- Herb walks in a variety of locations
- Field trips to farms and greenhouses
- Guest lecturers …and much more!
The full cost of the program is $3,200 with payment plans available.
Expect additional costs for books and supplies for personal projects. All in class supplies are covered by tuition.