Join Equinox Center of Herbal Studies for our first online herbalism class: Materia Medica Intensive!
What are energetics?
The energetics of herbs have a long history in the fundamental understanding of medicinal plant actions. Through essence and chemistry, energetics show us how and when to best use herbs for wellbeing.
Energetics are seasonal! Winter means soup, warm beverages and cozy blankets. Warming herbs like cinnamon and garlic are fantastic allies for the cold months. Summer looks like swimming, wildflower hikes and sunshine. Cooling and moistening herbs like marshmallow and rose keep us balanced during hot days.
In herbalism we describe these energetics as warm, cool, moist and dry. These are coupled with a flavor description: sweet, bitter, salty, sour, spicy and aromatic. Working with herbal energetics empowers you to better understand all plants, from the kitchen to the campground to the classroom and beyond.
- During this semi self-paced, materia medica class we will focus on warming, cooling, drying and moistening herbs.
- You will set your own intentions working with six different herbs during each of the four energetics sections, culminating with an hour long live class discussion every other week.
- Each section will conclude with a medicine-making class including how to use different solvents: water, honeys, vinegars, oils and others.
- Herbs and supplies will be sent to your home, wherever you live, for a hands-on learning experience.
- Online materia medical and videos by teacher Laura Cascardi.
- Dates April 14th-January
- Every other Friday from 5:30-6:30pm
- 40 weeks of semi self-paced work
- 4 sections, 6 weeks each, plus one week of medicine making at the end of each Energetic section
- Online zoom with Laura and class members every other week
- Final materia medica project at the end of class
- Total cost – $900 with payment plans available. $300 deposit needed by April to send out herb supplies.
Questions? Contact Laura Cascardi at email@example.com or (970) 484-3829.